Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 10 EOC: Promotion without discounting



Promotion is key to increasing restaurant traffic and sales. Some ways that I can increase traffic and sales would be to make a groupon, offer a customer loyalty card, offer a takeout and delivery service, create offers on special days, offer great food and drinks, great service, live entertainment, and special events.
            Groupon is a big deal nowadays; everyone can download it onto his or her phone. People want to save but I also don’t want my business to potentially lose money. I would promote a 2 for 1 deal or $5 for a drink instead of $8. Offering a customer loyalty card will keep bringing customers back because they want to take full advantage of that card. I would offer a $65 price for the card and they could use it whenever. I would have deals like 5th meal free, 8th drink free. I would like to be in partner with other companies so the loyalty card can help get discounts at other places. Some people don’t have time to sit down and enjoy a meal out of the house so I would offer a take out and delivery service. My menu would be offered online and I would have delivery people, but only deliver to a certain radius. There are holidays all year round that I could create a special offer for my restaurant. Since I have 4 different rooms of different culture, I would incorporate all big traditional holidays into the special offer menu, such as a certain new meal would be available, 2 for 1 of a certain meal and special offers on certain drinks. Every hour in the evening and night on Saturday I would have entertainment by hanging 3 separate piƱatas in the main room and having people pay to hit them for 10 seconds. Inside I would have special offers such as a free drink, appetizer or dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment